Exit A2

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

To Her

There comes a time in your life when you have fewer days in front of you than behind you. No one knows when that time is exactly but I believe that each of us has an internal clock that if we are honest with ourselves, reveals that time to each us. My clock has.

Now that I know this place that I am in life, I can with great honesty look at what I value in my life and take special care to cherish it. My friends are important to me. They give me laughter and solace. My family is important to me. They remind me of where I came from and love me without judgment. But most important to me, is my wife. She's my best friend and partner in this one-way journey. There's an often used remark that "he/she completes me." If it is true and you know this, then you are very lucky. I am very lucky.

What is wonderful about being in a relationship for many years (something that unfortunately is too rare these days), is that as a couple, you share a human time machine that few other people in your life share or understand. I see her now as the lovely, mature person that she is - caring for me and others and striving to be the best person that she can. Her that is strong of heart and a timeless beauty. But I can also see her as the wide-eyed, carefree person of yesteryear. Her as a flower of youth and energy. And I can travel back and forth seeing and remembering and refreshing those thoughts. They are with me always and will be until the end of my days.

It is important to tell those people that you love that they are loved and cherished by you. I tell her that I love her but not as often as I can or should. She lights my days and my memories and my dreams. All the quality and passion that I have in my life I owe - to her.

(Originally posted 2/15/06)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home